I belong to a Chemistry group on Social Media. Today a member posted Making a Crystal Garden with the student sheet. Magic Rocks has the same materials: sodium silicate and metallic salts. HST has some of the metallic salts available, such as copper II sulfate and sodium silicate solution. If the Five Below Heat you has Magic Rocks, use the kit, and explain it with the lab instructions. Be careful because sodium silicate is a desiccant; it dries out skin. If you buy the solution, you may want to make bouncy balls with ethyl alcohol. Wear gloves as you mold the ball. Bounce it outside because it can shatter. Ask me how I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment