It’s one thing to follow a dichotomous key; it’s another to make your own. The last time I taught Biology for Co-op, my kids created Dichotomous Keys from buttons. Paul asked me if I had anymore candy labs. It occurred to me he could create a dichotomous key himself with Jelly Belly jelly beans. What’s the point? By making a key, the child learns how to classify and the underlying assumptions or characteristics involved in creating a key. Paul worked with Pop-pop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment