Prime Day is nearly here! Right now there are early access deals for Laser Infrared Thermometers. I like to keep one handy during live classes to occasionally pretend to shoot myself in the head. What else can you do with a laser thermometer? GLOBE has a Surface Temperature Protocol. Kids take temperature readings of various surfaces, such as the sidewalk, grassy area, asphalt, etc. for a period of time under different weather conditions. GLOBE offers Campaigns, such as the Urban Heat Island, Surface Temperature Campaign. All of the materials are free. You don’t need to join to use the materials. If your kids like to study the weather, surface temperature can be interesting. BTW GLOBE is sponsored by NASA. NASA Centers have educational outreach and can lend materials, which is where I first learned about the Surface Temperature Protocol and first borrowed infrared thermometers. Some Centers work with local home-school families. If you live near a center, send them an email and ask about their educational outreach programs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment