Last post I mentioned GLOBE which is sponsored by NASA, a good source for outreach programs. Our family lives near the Quantico Marine Base. The National Museum of the Marine Corps offers regular programs and events. Our Co-op families participate frequently. We’ve taken part in science programs at The Science Museum of Virginia; however the museum does charge a fee. Our little household likes to watch the rats play basketball. In D.C., at the American History Museum, in the basement, is the Spark!Lab. It’s free and best for younger children. Have you heard about Envirothon? It’s an environmental competition which is usually sponsored by Conservation Districts. Soil and Water Conservation Districts often serve as a gateway agency. I start with Soil and Water to locate a forester to lead camp activities, such as tree identification. Soil and Water can help find an expert to lead a stream study, from Trouts Unlimited or DEQ or DEP. Hope this helps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment