Friday, October 9, 2020

Apologia Chemistry: Hands-on Balancing Equations

I ran across this post, Balancing Equations with Bottle Caps.  Start saving bottle caps.  (I’m in the habit of saving caps to make CD Spinners.  How I wish I saved all of those milk jug caps!). I used M&Ms Balancing Equations Lab for a few chemical reactions.  I put together examples to balance together in class.  I anticipate using nuts and bolts, or bingo chips, too, for reactions.  Here is the first iteration for balancing equations.  During class, I’m going to teach the steps to balance equations with the white board on Zoom.  I made short videos balancing the reactions.  Hope these materials help!









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

This year I’m pulling up all the stops to get things organized. How?

 This year is going to be different! Ha! Who hasn’t said that?  But, I’ve implemented some changes.  I put together a series of lessons whic...