Monday, September 28, 2020

Apologia Chemistry: Module 2 Experiment 2.1

Update:  I came across these labs, Heat Up Some Cool Reactions.  These reactions require peroxide, yeast, baking soda, and vinegar, all materials in the Chem Kits I sent home.  I want the kids to practice graphing with the graphing calculator.  My kids are going to collect the data for each lab and graph it.  I’ll show them how to create lines of regression,  First, we need to graph.

Update: I used the data below as part of my lesson to use the graphing calculator to graph data in STAT.  Warning!  This is awkward by Zoom.

The first experiment in Module 2, 2.1 is a calibration and heating curve of water lab.  My Co-op kids did the lab last week.  I had them collect the data and graph it on paper.  This week I’m going to show them how to graph the same data with a graphing calculator.  One of my kids gave me permission to post his data and graph.  Note that the graph needs a title and the axes labeled.  It’s a good example.






No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...