I’m working ahead for Chemistry because I’m sending home more materials for lab kits. One idea is to use nuts, bolts, and washers to represent elements, mixtures, and compounds. Here is Flinn Scientific’s Classifying Matter demo and Wong’s Nuts and Bolts Matter activity. I’m using the second one with the mini-kit below. Here is a journal article about unconventional methods, which include nuts and bolts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment