I was doing some planning and ran across older editions of National Chemistry Week publications from the American Chemical Society, ACS. Chemistry Colors our World has several experiments; one is Color Changing Liquid, using dishwasher detergent, blueberries, vinegar or clear soda, and baking soda. Marvelous Metals has an experiment with pennies and salt with a data table. The Sweet Side of Chemistry has a Candy experiment using lemon juice, sugar, and baking soda. Put it aside for Halloween. The same issue has Skittles Floating Letters. ACS publications include explanations with the experiments. Here is the current issue and previous issues. The different themes will spark more ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment