Update: I tried Zoom with my iPad. Arrrggghhh. However, you can share Google Drive with Zoom. If you use an iPad to launch Zoom, there’s a whiteboard. However, sharing your home screen is easy with an android device, such as a laptop and difficult with an iOS device, such as an iPad.
My Co-op class ordinarily meets in my basement. We used to meet at the local library in the Maker Space. There were too many kids in the class; we were loud. So last year, Co-op met in my basement. Nothing is ordinary. Like many of you we are meeting remotely. What are we using? All of the assignments are posted to Google Classroom. I decided it would be best to create slideshows for class. I have been creating YouTube videos and loading them on to Classroom. Twice a week, we have video chats and review the slides. The video chats run about 30 minutes. Most of the communication is by email. The kids take screen shots of work completed and attach them to an email. I’m saving the emails in a folder on gmail. Additionally, I record grades in Classroom. Some of the kids post pdf files with their assignments into Classroom. Not everyone does; I have records for online school portfolios. Google apps such as Classroom, YouTube, Sheets, Docs, etc. are free. You will need a Gmail account. Google for Education has free training. Below are screenshots. There’s a screenshot showing homework images submitted by the student. You can do this!



No comments:
Post a Comment