Apologia Chemistry’s Module 4 has an experiment separating sand and salt. A traditional mixture challenge lab has kids separate a mixture of sand, salt, and iron filings. I like sand, salt, and iron filings with a twist; sometimes I add hydrophobic sand. Educational Innovations sells a Mixture Separation Challenge with polymers. This set is nice to use with a Co-op class and can be reused. Here is a detailed lesson for the Mixture Challenge Kit. Want a bit more science? Here is a lesson from Teach Engineering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment