HST has a good article, How to Make Crystals: 5 Ways to Grow Crystals at Home. The most successful crystals seem to be Crystal Egg Geodes. I’ve done these at Camp. Save egg shells. The key is to cost the inside of the shell with glue and seed it with alum. It takes a couple days to see results. I usually substitute tempera paint for food coloring; paint is cheaper. Have you tried a Salt Crystal Garden with Mrs. Stewart’s Liquid Bluing? These grow crystals well. My favorite crystals are made with Sodium Silicate Solution or Water glass, just like this Crystal Aquarium Kit or Magic Rocks Crystal Growing Kit. Try as many types as you like. These projects will keep your family busy for a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment