Update. We can share Jamboard with students. Some of our kids can not access Jam. You can save the Jam (the work) to a pdf to Google Drive. I saved the Jam to a pdf on to desktop on my laptop. Then I uploaded the pdf of the Jam to Drive. Don’t open the pdf with Google Docs; the result is a mess. This process is easy! You just need the patience of Job.
‘Necessity is the mother of invention.’ In this case it’s the result of desperation. My husband, Rob, is teaching Algebra 2 online while I’m teaching Biology and Chemistry remotely. We are making YouTube videos, posting links and notes to Classroom, and using Google Slides. But what can you do when a kid has a problem? Okay, you can work out the problem and send a screen shot back and forth. Another solution is a digital whiteboard. The Jamboard app is a Google app. You can share it, which means you can work collaboratively. Here’s the rub; Jamboard requires a touch screen device. The device needs to be fairly new. I tried unsuccessfully to load Jamboard on two older iPads. Some of our kids won’t be able to use Jamboard. Those who can download Jamboard can get answers quickly.
As an instructor, Jamboard operates like a whiteboard. You can insert a photo and write on it. That means I can take a screenshot of a worksheet, insert it into Jamboard, and write on it to instruct the kids. Below is a screenshot with an example.
This application alone will help me instruct directly from my iPad. Hope this helps!
No comments:
Post a Comment