Let me make a confession. I use candy for Co-op science experiments. Candy makes lab more fun. The rule for labs is you may not eat any of the candy until after you finish the experiment. Yes, I have extra candy just to eat. If you find candy anathema skip this post. First up is Gummy Bear Osmosis. (Here is a slideshow with more science.). My favorite candy lab is Jelly Belly Dichotomous Key. These you do eat as you do the lab. Here is an entire page of Candy Chemistry labs from ACS. Have you microwaved Peeps? Try microwaving giant marshmallows. This is not really Science; you can make stained glass by baking hard candies. Here is an explanation of why candy is sticky—useful if you’ve ever wondered why as you chiseled a lollipop off a laminate counter. One more idea—Rock Candy. Frankly, I have never had any luck making rock candy. Do the other labs first in case rock candy fails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment