The question arose about where ‘cell’ originates. Robert Hooke observed cork cells through a microscope. Hooke though the cork looked like the small rooms or cells in a monastery. I did a quick lesson and showed Paul, ten, a cork tree. We used an inexpensive clip-on microscope with an iPhone 4 to look at a wine cork. This clip-on microscope works with any cell phone. Zoom with your phone to focus. The first time you clip on the microscope, focus on text or a dollar to become familiar with it. The entire lesson took fifteen minutes. Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment