For some teens, dissections are anathema. What about a fruit dissection? This Fruit Lab examines drupes, Pepo, pome, legumes, and more. Have your teen locate examples for each type of fruit. If you can, go to the grocery to identify as many fruits as possible. This Flower Dissection suggests making posters of plant parts after the dissection. Here is a diagram to use as you dissect. We did a Flower Dissection last summer with tiger lilies. I have used Fake Flowers for the flower dissection—not the same at all. The kids did identify major parts. Here is a virtual flower dissection. I hope your teen likes these dissections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment