I’m in favor of animal dissections—with seven specimens. If your budget is limited, buy a frog, fish, and earthworm to dissect. Do you need a complete kit? I teach Biology classes fairly often and have tools, trays, and guides for my Co-op classes. You don’t need anything fancy. Aside from a set of specimens, buy a few T-pins. Save styrofoam trays or use paper plates. Skip the scalpel and use a small pair of sharp scissors. I bought dissection guides from HST because they are easier to use during a dissection. Here are more guides. The dissection guides in Apologia Biology are well written, too. I just don’t like having the textbook out during a dissection in case of something landing on the book. Ew. The next few posts will have resources for specific lab specimens, including paper and virtual dissections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment