Yes, I have participated in GLOBE. I found GLOBE useful for science fair projects for teens, especially if kids follow the protocols as given. I’ve had kids follow The Surface Field Campaign protocols for Science Fair. Another good campaign for science fair projects is the Urban Heat Island Effect Campaign. Your family does NOT need to join GLOBE at all. Just use their instructions, training modules, and data sheets for the experiment. If your teen participates in a local science fair, be sure to cite all of the GLOBE materials. Judges will ask about the GLOBE program. Be sure your teen has an idea what GLOBE is.
Monday, November 9, 2020
GLOBE
GLOBE is an international, environmental program. Kids collect, post, share, and analyze data. When you browse the GLOBE website, it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Instead focus on one science project. Let’s pick one lab or protocol, frost tubes. There is a frost tube campaign. Campaigns are events where groups submit data. Campaigns tend to be more organized. Here is a complete introduction to frost tubes and the campaign. Start here with the training module. Here are instructions to make a frost tube. Here is the frost tube protocol mentioned in the overview. Here is the frost tube data sheet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment