Kids frequently have misconceptions in science. One of the best series of science activities is Uncovering Student Ideas. Here is a sample from Uncovering Student Ideas about Engineering and Technology and another sample from Volume 1. Page Keeley refers to these ideas as probes, ways to get kids to think. Look at this sample, which has What’s in the Bubbles? The student page asks kids to think about the bubbles forming. The teacher notes explain the purpose of the probe, an explanation, and common misconceptions at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels. NSTA books are always a bit pricey—even used. See if your library has a copy to preview. I think the series works best for elementary-aged students. But, I have used a few in high school, too, such as Cookie Crumbles. (Scroll way down to locate it.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment