Monday, November 2, 2020

Slime Round-up!

Tomorrow is Election Day!  Your entire family may be home!  Lay in basic supplies: liquid starch, baking soda, borax powder, different types of Elmer’s glue, glitter, iron filings, tempera, PVA, saline solution,  polymer beads, maybe shaving cream. You may want a set of Slime Add-ins I keep a box of supplies in the basement.  Let’s make slime!  Frugal Fun has instructions for Gold Slime and Magnetic Slime.  (Here is Steve Spangler’s magnetic slime.  Just add iron filings.  Some Magnet Kits have small tubes of iron filings.). Here is DIY Floam.  HST has basic slime recipes and sells Polyvinyl Alcohol.  Here is a Glow in the Dark slime using the saline recipe. Instructables has Color Changing Slime.  Here is Fluffy Slime with the Saline Slime Recipe.  What about Jello Slime?  Michaels has Slime Headquarters in case I missed a variety of Slime, Flubber, or Oobleck.  What are we making?  Magnetic slime and Glow Slime.  I had a bottle of Elmer’s Glow glue.  Here is the Science Bob Slime kit I bought for the polyvinyl alcohol.  Yes, I do want to try Steve Spangler’s String Slime. Nope, I have no idea what is in the activator.  Last note.  If you want to make magnetic slime, add the filings to the borax or saline solution before you add glue or polyvinyl alcohol.  Many types of glue have PVA, which is why they make slime.






No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...