Have you seen Plasti Taffy? The pellets are Thermoplastics, plastics which melt at relatively low temperatures. Educational Innovations has a blog post with ideas for introducing and playing with thermoplastic beads. Amazon has Poly Plastics Moldable Plastics for $18.95. Here is a simple thermoplastics experiment. The Plasti Taffy Charm Swap Studio has mini-molds and colorful beads to use for a lab; this set is perfect to engage younger children, too. It’s a great way to engage your artistic child with a little science. I plan to buy some for my Chemistry Co-op, too. Poly plastics has some tips for using these pellets. I’m going to combine Bioplastics and Thermoplastics labs when I teach Organic Chemistry.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment