We are fast approaching Black Friday. I’m hopping for an IR thermometer to replace the one my Co-op kids broke playing with it. Yes, I treat an IR thermometer as a toy. I’m not zapping my guests at the door. One STEM toy to consider is LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox, listed on Amazon for $127.99, momentarily, or Star Wars LEGO Boost Droid Commander, at $176.70. (Walmart has both LEGO sets for nearly the same prices.) Check Good Will for used LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox. The sets sold ranged between $75 and $90 plus shipping. I can recommend Coji, a robot, for younger kids, as an introduction to coding. We’ve introduced it to children as young as four. Walmart and Amazon list Coji for $30. Good Will does have Coji listings. Before you bid, read the listing to see if the robot has been tested. eBay sells Coji, beginning at $15. Another STEM toy we have tested is Makey Makey, which retails for $50 on Amazon and Walmart. You can find a used kit for $17 on eBay. One more great STEM kit is Edible Chemistry—currently $19, the price to beat. All of these STEM toys make terrific presents. Happy hunting!
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment