First up is Bouncing with Momentum, which uses a mini basketball and a ping pong ball. Try pairing a Basketball and Tennis ball, also called Rocket Balls. Try different Ball Combinations. These demonstrate elastic collisions and momentum. Try to put a small bouncy ball on top of a tennis ball and drop them at the same time. My favorite is the Astroblaster from Educational Innovations—where I first saw the toy. Rocket Balls are usually part of The Joy of Toys Science Camp. It’s best to do Rocket Balls inside in an open place rather than outside where you are apt to lose bitty balls. The kids lose bitty bouncy balls inside, too. I buy a gross of bouncy balls for Camp to save wailing and gnashing of teeth over a bitty ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment