I like hands-on labs and activities. But, not everyone is as comfortable with labs or has an extensive number of science resources. This post has free resources for science. For example, National Geographic has HereMaking Sense of Migration. Here is another set of science resources, including Exploratorium, an especially rich source of ideas, such as this optical illusion, Bird in a Cage. After you see it, your kids will want to make it. Getting Nerdy has even more resources for teachers, such as the DNA Learning Center. Here is an example about Gregor Mendel. I use materials like these to supplement lessons, not supplant activities. Web resources are like any technology; it supports rather than replaces lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment