My first stop for microscope slides is Good Will online—like this set. If I didn’t have several sets of microscope slides, I would bid on that Good Will listing because the slides look interesting. This Amscope Slide Set at $15 is a good basis for comparison. In fact, I used just this set for a small Biology Co-op class which met at our church. I have added slides to my collection; this set was enough for the class to see a range of specimens under the microscope and experiment with focusing and sketching slides. Amazon has a similar set for $8, the price to beat. I use a USB digital microscope and a laptop. The microscope should work with a Chromebook. The price to beat is $13.39. This Clip-on Microscope, at $6.99, attaches on to a cell phone. We use this with an old iPhone. It’s okay for slides—but not great. However, it is easy to pull out a clip on microscope and cell phone whenever we want to look at a specimen or slide. Ease trumps quality because we use it more often. Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment