I ordered Intro to Chemistry Coloring Workbook. Just like you, I’m always on the prowl for new ideas and resources. The workbook is mostly coloring. There are a few suggestions for coloring. Generally the workbook is page after page of ions, molecules, and orbitals to color. There are examples below. Is it worth $12.95? I don’t think so. If you can find a copy for $5, it might be worth buying.
Do coloring pages work for science? I assign quite a bit of coloring in Biology and Anatomy. I think it helps kids to look more closely at a concept. I use this Biology Coloring Book with Biology classes. These three coloring books are fine, too. I use this Anatomy coloring book. I buy coloring books used for about $5 each. Sonya Writes offers Intro to Physics, Chemical Structures, and Intro to Chemistry, all coloring books.
Check TPT for free samples, like this one for Earth Science. There are plenty of free science coloring worksheets at The Biology Corner, such as Chemiosmosis. Kids can color projects, such as the Mitosis Foldable. There are loads of free anatomy coloring pages, such as this heart or this skeleton. Physics Central has two coloring books for children, with scientists and simple physics concepts, such as magnetism. This Spiral Periodic Chart is from Color Our Collections, at the Science History Institute in Philadelphia. Here is a simple Periodic Table coloring activity, too. NASA has free coloring books, such as Color Jupiter, with live links to a PhotoJournal. One last resource: this introduction to interactive notebooks. Put your coloring pages or Foldable into your j


No comments:
Post a Comment